which blood pressure monitor to choose to monitor the work of the heart
Arrhythmia is a violation of the rhythm of the heart. Their frequency can be underestimated (less than 60 beats per minute), overestimated (over 90 beats per minute) or irregular. Arrhythmia is not a disease, but only a syndrome that can be caused by a disease of the heart, blood vessels, endocrine system, intoxication, shock.
Two types of arrhythmias
- Sinus. The rhythm of the heartbeat is normal, and the pauses between heartbeats are irregular. This species is physiological for young children and sleeping adults, and in other cases it signals a disease.
- Flickering. The sequence of the heart is broken. The frequency of contractions of the fibers of the heart muscles increases, and the atria work chaotically and irregularly.
With arrhythmias, a person may experience shortness of breath, fear and anxiety, weakness and dizziness, a feeling of sinking heart, chest pain, and may clearly feel heartbeats that were not noticed before.
How is arrhythmia diagnosed?
You can detect heart rhythm irregularities yourself. To do this, you need to buy a blood pressure monitor in an online store and regularly, twice a day, monitor the performance of the heart.
It is important to know that in order to determine the heart rate and assess their regularity, a special tonometer equipped with an arrhythmia sensor is needed. The detected violations are signaled by a special icon on its display. The appearance of such an icon several times a week is a serious reason to contact the clinic for specialized diagnostics. For this, doctors conduct an ECG, daily Holter monitoring, ultrasound of the heart.
Automatic blood pressure monitors of the Microlife and Omron brands guarantee the accuracy of pressure measurement even in the presence of arrhythmia.
Three popular tonometer models with arrhythmia indicator
- Equipped with a mains adapter, the Microlife BP A2 Standard tonometer uses the proprietary PAD technology. It analyzes the pulse rate and visualizes the detected cardiac arrhythmia. Stores 30 measurements in memory.
- Microlife BP A3 Plus AFIB. Uses AFIB technology to detect the most common type of arrhythmia – atrial fibrillation caused by atrial fibrillation. To obtain the most accurate result, it makes a series of repeated pressure measurements at a time. Stores 99 measurements.
- Omron M3 Expert (HEM 7132 ALRU). Thanks to the Intellisense technology, it is user-specific. Equipped with an indicator of not only arrhythmia, but also a movement to eliminate incorrect readings. Memory for 100 measurements.