If you love eggs, or just want to cook and try something new and different, make an interesting, bright and mouth-watering salad with poached eggs. How? We offer cool recipes!
What is a poached egg, how to cook it?
What is a poached egg? This is a traditional French dish, usually served for breakfast. It involves cooking eggs in an unusual way – without shells and in hot water. As a result, the yolk remains half-baked and creamy, and the white acquires the most delicate consistency and covers the yolk center with petals.
Poached eggs can be cooked in several ways, and some of them are quite accessible and understandable even for novice housewives:
- In a saucepan, without other accessories. When the water starts to boil, turn down the heat and stir it actively with a spoon to make a funnel (so the egg will not crawl). Next, break the egg gently and slowly immerse, but not in the very center of the whirlpool, but a little closer to the wall, while continuing to stir gently around the egg. Cook the product for 1.5 to 4 minutes, depending on the desired degree of doneness and hardness of the protein and yolk.
- In a saucepan, wrapped in cling film or in a bag. The egg must be gently broken into a film or bag, tied and immersed for 3-4 minutes in a saucepan with barely bubbling water. Lubricate the film with oil to avoid sticking.
- In the poach. This is a special convenient container for preparing successful poached eggs, which must be greased with oil before immersing the product. The poached maker retains its shape and structure; cooking takes three to four minutes.
- In the oven. Eggs are broken into oiled cupcake tins and sent for 10-15 minutes to an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- In a slow cooker. It turns on in the steam cooking mode, and silicone or other heat-resistant molds with eggs are placed on the wire rack in a bowl of water (it is advisable to grease the walls and bottom with oil to avoid adhesion of proteins). The dish is prepared in this way for two minutes under the lid and a couple of minutes without it.
- In the microwave. Pour water into a large mug, break the eggs, place a saucer or lid on top. Cook the poached eggs on the highest setting for a minute (if they remain completely raw, turn on the timer for another 15-30 seconds).
Advice! To keep poached eggs tender and fluffy, use only fresh food and do not boil the water (it should bubble slightly and stay hot). To prevent the proteins from spreading, but slightly curdling, you can add quite a bit of vinegar or citric acid to the water.
How to prepare healthy and tasty salads using such an unusual and mouth-watering ingredient like a poached egg? There are a huge number of all kinds of recipes for any occasion, and below are some interesting options.
Preparing such a salad, which is called Lyons, is not at all difficult, but it turns out to be very appetizing and satisfying, so it is worth taking note of it. The list of ingredients will be as follows:
- 250 grams of bacon (or lard with a thick layer of meat);
- 150 grams of lettuce, rocket salad, romaine or salad mix (your choice);
- 3 eggs (for three servings of ready-made salad);
- three slices of a loaf or baguette (white bread is also suitable);
- ground pepper with granulated garlic and salt to taste.
- 50 ml olive oil;
- a teaspoon of grain mustard;
- two tablespoons of wine vinegar (apple cider or balsamic will do);
- salt (sea or table).
The cooking process consists of the following stages:
- First, make croutons (croutons or croutons). To do this, cut the bread into cubes, stir with a little oil, salt and granulated garlic, fry in a dry skillet or dry in the oven.
- Next, cut the bacon into small pieces, salt it, pepper and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove the fried bacon and place on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Prepare a poached egg.
- Make the dressing by mixing and whisking the ingredients with a fork, mixer or whisk.
- Put lettuce leaves on portioned plates (it is convenient to tear them straight with your hands), put bacon with croutons on top, and then place one ready-made poached egg for each serving.
A salad with a poached egg and fish will turn out very tasty. And you will need the following products for cooking:
- 300 grams of any slightly salted red fish, for example, trout, salmon, chum salmon, pink salmon or salmon;
- 200 grams of lettuce (Iceberg is best);
- 200 grams of cherry tomatoes (red and yellow tomatoes can be used to brighten the finished salad);
- three chicken eggs;
- white onion head;
- three tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 1.5 tbsp. tablespoons of wine vinegar and a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil (preferably olive oil) for dressing;
- salt – to your taste.
- First, cut or tear the lettuce leaves directly with your hands, immediately place them on the bottom of a wide salad bowl or arrange them on portioned plates.
- Next, cut the cherry tomatoes into halves, put them on the salad.
- Cut the fish into slices and place on top of the cherry tomatoes.
- Next, cut the white onion in half rings, add it to all the other ingredients.
- Top up the dressing by actively mixing the oil with wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Water the salad evenly, but sparingly with this mixture. Salt everything as desired.
- Cook poached eggs and place over the rest of the ingredients.
- The salad is ready to serve!
With lentils and pumpkin
A very interesting and unusual bright salad will turn out with pumpkin and lentils. Here is a list of its components:
- 300 grams of pumpkin;
- 150 grams of lentils;
- three chicken eggs;
- grams of 70-100 arugula;
- some pine nuts;
- a tablespoon of liquid honey;
- a couple of tablespoons of olive oil;
- a tablespoon of lemon juice;
- two tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes, sprinkle or grease with oil and keep in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for about fifteen minutes.
- Dry the pine nuts in the same oven or in a dry skillet (stirring occasionally) until oil separates.
- Cook the lentils in salted water until tender.
- Prepare poached eggs.
- To get the dressing combine soy sauce with lemon juice, butter and honey, mix everything well.
- Next, combine arugula, baked pumpkin, dried pine nuts and boiled lentils. Fill everything with dressing (leave a little), stir. And on top, place ready-made poached eggs, sprinkle them lightly with dressing.
With cod liver
For this salad you need:
- can of canned cod liver;
- any greens (for example, mix, “Iceberg” or arugula);
- purple onion head;
- two eggs;
- lemon juice and olive oil for dressing;
The instruction is simple;
- Break the liver with a fork or cut it into medium pieces with a knife.
- Cut the onion into half rings.
- Make poached eggs.
- Stir the onion with herbs and cod liver, having previously seasoned everything with a mixture of oil and lemon juice, and also salt.
- Place prepared eggs on top.
Be sure to pamper yourself and your loved ones or surprise your guests with a salad with poached egg!