How to bake a delicious French baguette at home?
Can’t imagine your morning coffee without a divinely aromatic French baguette with a delicious crispy crust? You don’t have to run to the supermarket or craft bakery every time to pamper yourself. You can bake a baguette yourself. At the same time, it is not at all necessary to be a great cook, it is enough to have the necessary products at hand, know the recipe and a few little secrets.
- Wheat flour – 550 g
- Water – 380 g
- Dry yeast – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 2 tsp
- In order for dry tremors to “wake up” and work, they need to:
- dilute in warm water;
- add sugar;
- leave for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- If the dough has increased in volume, and bubbles have appeared on the surface, then it is time to add the sifted flour in portions, and then salt.
- When the dough becomes dense enough, it must be transferred to the work surface and kneaded further until it stops sticking to your hands.
- The finished dough should be covered and set aside for about 30 minutes in a warm place. During this time, the dough will approximately double.
- The spaced dough must be divided into four equal parts, from which to form the baguettes. To do this, use different methods:
- the dough is swung into a rectangular layer, and then rolled into a roll;
- the layer is wrapped inward from opposite sides until the shape of a baguette is obtained;
- the desired shape is immediately formed.
- The baguettes are laid out in a baking dish, previously sprinkled with flour and left for 20 minutes in a warm place. After that, notches are made on the surface of the baguettes with a sharp knife.
- The baguettes are placed in an oven preheated to 240–250ºC and baked for 15 minutes, then the temperature is reduced to 220ºC and baked for 5 minutes.
- Readiness can be checked with a wooden skewer. It must be completely dry. This means that our French baguette is ready.
Now, here are a few tricks for making a flawless homemade baguette:
- The water in which the yeast is diluted should not exceed 30–32ºC. If it’s hot, the yeast will die.
- Salt is added to flour or batter. You cannot add salt to the dough.
- The baguette dough must be kneaded correctly. It is stretched and folded. A good mix is easy to check. You need to lightly press the dough, if it quickly regains its shape, then it’s ready.
- When baking, place a baking sheet of water on the bottom of the oven to make the baguette crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Ready baguettes should be sprinkled with water or covered with a damp towel and wait a few minutes.
For other recipes, see the website https://clutch.ua/foodstyle/retseptyi