How to cook delicious and original pumpkin porridge?
Pumpkin porridge is a very healthy, bright, appetizing and satisfying dish known for a long time, which any housewife can definitely cope with. And the article discusses several interesting cooking options.
A classic of the genre is millet porridge with pumpkin and milk. And to cook it, you need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- 350 grams of pumpkin;
- two glasses of milk (medium or high fat);
- 170-180 ml of water;
- a full glass of millet groats;
- three to five tablespoons of sugar (depending on the desired sweetness);
- 40 butter;
- a small pinch of salt.
- Peel the pumpkin from seeds and peel, chop it in any way convenient for you, for example, cut it into small pieces with a knife, immerse it in a blender or grate it.
- Pour milk together with water into a thick-bottomed saucepan and bring this mixture to a boil.
- Put the prepared pumpkin in a boiling liquid, cook it almost until tender (until soft, which is determined by lightly piercing the pulp with a fork).
- While your pumpkin is cooking, rinse the millet thoroughly immediately.
- When the pumpkin is ready, if desired, you can knead it with a fork or pusher so that the finished porridge is homogeneous. But this step is optional.
- Next, add millet to the liquid that continues to boil in a saucepan and boil it until it is completely softened, at the very end do not forget to add granulated sugar and a pinch of salt.
- All that remains is to put the butter and the fragrant and bright pumpkin porridge with millet, put on plates.
How to cook delicious pumpkin porridge? Cook it with semolina for the perfect breakfast! And the list of products will be like this:
- 0.5 kilograms of pumpkin;
- a glass of milk;
- three to five tablespoons of semolina (determine the exact amount according to the desired thickness of the porridge);
- 70-80 milliliters of water;
- five large spoons of sugar;
- a little butter for the taste.
- The pumpkin is freed from the peel and seeds, and then rubbed on a coarse or medium grater.
- Pour water into a saucepan with a thick bottom (it will prevent it from burning), spread the pumpkin mass and simmer over low heat under a lid for about fifteen minutes.
- Milk is added to the resulting pumpkin puree.
- Wait for the mixture to boil and start pouring semolina into it gradually and in a very thin stream, while actively stirring the composition with a spoon.
- The porridge is cooked until thickened, and at the end of the process, the remaining bulk ingredients are introduced into it.
- After spreading on plates, add butter (optional).
A healthy and delicious homemade pumpkin gruel is made from rice. What you need is this:
- about 600-700 grams of fresh pumpkin;
- a glass of round grain rice filled to the brim;
- about five large spoons of sugar;
- 0.5 liters of clean water;
- 300 ml of good fat milk;
- a bag of vanillin;
- if desired, some bright berries (literally a handful).
- So, first we deal with the pumpkin. According to the standard, it is peeled from the peel and seeds, after which it is cut into medium-sized pieces (the smaller the better).
- Place the chopped pumpkin in a saucepan, pour over the milk and cook until softened. The duration of this stage depends on the degree of maturity and the type of product, but on average it takes about twenty minutes.
- When the pumpkin is completely cooked, give it the desired tender consistency. To do this, you can either knead the boiled pieces with a fork or a mashed potato, or use a hand blender (then the mass will be perfectly homogeneous).
- Rinse the rice thoroughly to absolutely clean water. Pour water into a separate container, pour cereal into it and cook for about twenty-five minutes until tender.
- Next, combine the milk-pumpkin mass with boiled rice, boil everything together for another five minutes, add vanillin with sugar.
- Done, porridge can be served.
Sweet porridge can be obtained from oatmeal. You need to prepare:
- three large spoons of rolled oats (preferably the finest grind);
- 150 g pumpkin;
- 70 ml of water;
- milk (the amount can be found on the cereal package, and it will depend on the desired thickness of the porridge);
- a teaspoon of natural honey;
- a pinch of cinnamon.
- First you need to make pumpkin puree. To do this, free the pumpkin from seeds and skins, simmer in water until completely softened and puree, for example, using a blender.
- For taste and pleasant aroma, dry the flakes for just a minute in a skillet without oil.
- Cook the cereal as instructed in the instructions. If cooking is not required, then the raw material is simply poured with boiled milk and infused. In other cases, you need to cook the rolled oats.
- Combine the prepared oatmeal with pumpkin puree, put on the fire for a minute and stir everything thoroughly, adding cinnamon and sugar. After removing from the stove, add honey before serving.
If you want to make a truly healthy breakfast without any extra hassle, then cook delicious porridge with nuts and raisins, and in pots. And for this you need this:
- a liter of milk (preferably high fat);
- a pound of pumpkin;
- about three hundred grams of millet groats;
- granulated sugar (determine the amount to your liking);
- two thirds or a full glass of raisins;
- 70 g of any nuts;
Cooking step by step:
- The first step will be the preparation of millet. It must first be poured with warm water for ten minutes, then rinsed very thoroughly to remove all excess, then put in a colander and rinse with boiling water at least three times. In principle, these manipulations can be skipped, but they will make the millet softer and softer and remove the bitterness from it.
- The pumpkin is peeled and freed from seeds, then crushed in a blender or rubbed on a grater.
- Dissolve granulated sugar in almost boiled hot milk.
- To soften the raisins, you can immerse them in boiling water for five minutes after rinsing.
- Thoroughly mix the pumpkin mass with the millet.
- Now take the pots, coat them completely with oil and start laying out. First, add a mixture of pumpkin and millet, then add the raisins, and at the end, pour everything over with milk. All components are evenly distributed in the pots.
- The pots are sent to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for fifty to sixty minutes.
- It remains to add a handful of nuts to each serving.
It is impossible to cook porridge with pumpkin correctly, because there are a lot of different variations. And one of them is the use of a multicooker. And for cooking, stock up on the following products:
- a pound of pumpkin;
- 200 grams of rice (optimal – round);
- 400 milliliters of milk;
- about five large tablespoons of granulated sugar;
- butter for greasing the bowl of the appliance and adding to the dish.
The process consists of stages:
- The pumpkin is completely cleaned and freed from seeds, rubbed on a coarse grater.
- Rice must be washed very thoroughly so that the water becomes completely transparent as a result.
- The milk can be heated slightly to dissolve the sugar in it.
- Next, the multicooker bowl is completely coated with oil to prevent burning.
- Spread the rice along with the pumpkin paste, stir everything and pour in the sweet milk.
- Cook the dish on a specially designed mode (for porridge) for about forty-five minutes.
- At the end of the process, to give ideal uniformity, the finished porridge can be whipped with a blender, but this manipulation is not necessary.
Choose any recipe and cook a healthy dish for yourself or loved ones – porridge with pumpkin!