How can you make a deliciously juicy homemade burger?
Burgers are a favorite dish of many. And you don’t have to go to cafes and other catering establishments for them. Try making delicious and juicy burgers at home with your own hands.
The main ingredients of a real burger
How can you make a delicious homemade burger? First of all, you need to know its main components:
- Buns. In principle, they are sold ready-made in stores, but we will prepare them ourselves.
- Cutlet. Juicy, tasty, appetizing … We will also fry it at home, and even make minced meat with our own hands.
- Bow. It is definitely added to the burger, and it is best to use purple or red: it is bright and not as bitter as onion.
- Cheese. You definitely need a hard variety, and best of all with a little pungency and piquancy. Gouda, Dutch cheese, Cheddar will do.
- Pickled cucumbers. You can’t do without crispy cucumbers when making a burger either!
- Tomatoes. They make the burger juicier, give the freshness characteristic of vegetables.
- Salad. Iceberg lettuce works best for burgers, but you can substitute other leafy greens you like as well.
- Sauce. Basically, you can use absolutely any sauce that suits your taste, for example, the usual mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup. Or you can make a sauce mixture yourself from several components to add some zest to the dish.
The basis of any burger is a bun, which should certainly turn out to be rich, fluffy, aromatic, ruddy and airy. And to get exactly this, stock up on all the necessary ingredients:
- five grams (incomplete teaspoon) dry yeast;
- one and a half tablespoons of sugar;
- 150 milliliters of milk;
- a third of a small spoonful of salt;
- two eggs and an extra yolk for brushing;
- three hundred grams of wheat flour;
- sixty grams of butter;
- three large spoons of sesame seeds.
- Since the dough is yeast, first you need to prepare a dough for it: heat the milk (up to 30-32 degrees), add half the sugar and all the yeast into it. Close the container with this mixture with a film and put it in heat for a while so that the microorganisms become active (bubbles and an increase in the volume of the mass will tell about this).
- Beat two eggs with the rest of the sugar until smooth, and then add the matched dough, mix everything.
- Sow flour and add it to the egg and yeast mixture gradually, kneading the dough. It will turn out to be not very dense and rather sticky, but you do not need to introduce additional flour, because the buns should remain airy.
- It remains to add soft butter, mix everything again and remove the mass for about a couple of hours in the heat, so that the dough rises.
- Pound the dough that has increased in volume a little and let it stand for another half hour. Then, dusting your hands with flour, divide the mass into equal parts and form cakes.
- Put the flatbreads immediately in a baking sheet, the bottom of which should be covered with a little oiled parchment.
- Leave the cakes for about forty minutes so that they still come up.
- Now grease the future buns with whipped yolk for gloss and goldenness, sprinkle with sesame seeds and send in an oven preheated to 190 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
To get juicy cutlets, you need this:
- 500 grams of high-quality and fresh beef tenderloin;
- about half a teaspoon of salt (or your choice);
- your favorite spices;
- for frying – butter.
- The beef must be turned into minced meat using either a blender, a meat grinder, or a food processor. But do not grind the pulp too much, so that the small pieces are clearly felt in the cutlets.
- Add spices and salt to the chopped beef, mix everything gently with your hands, but do not wrinkle in order to preserve the structure and juiciness of the beef pulp.
- Form round cakes. If you have special molds available, feel free to use them. The optimal thickness is one and a half centimeters.
- In a skillet (it is better to use a grill model with a corrugated bottom), heat the oil until bubbles and fry the cutlets on both sides (about five minutes each) over medium heat. It is important not to overcook or overdry the beef so that it does not become tough.
Advice! The patties can be grilled on charcoal grills or barbecues.
Experimenting with the sauce
An equally important component that sets the flavor notes is the sauce. You can make it yourself, for example, by mixing mayonnaise with mustard and adding a little tomato paste for color. Use any ingredients, but evaluate the taste so that it does not turn out to be strange or disgusting.
We prepare all the other components
The preparation of the remaining components involves the following actions:
- Wash the tomatoes, cut into not very thick rings.
- Remove the pickled cucumbers from the brine and also cut into rings.
- Cut the cheese into thin slices so that they melt faster.
- Rinse the salad thoroughly in running water and separate it by hand into separate leaves.
- Peel the onion, rinse and cut into rings with a knife.
- Cut the buns into two parts: bases and a kind of lids. You can also lightly fry the buns with fresh slices in a skillet in butter, but this is not necessary.
Collecting our burgers
It remains only to collect burgers at home. And the assembly is carried out in several stages:
- Take the portion of the bun that is the bottom base of the burger. Put onion rings on it.
- Brush the onion generously with your prepared sauce.
- Put a hot cutlet and immediately place a couple of thin slices of cheese on it so that they melt slightly and spread a little.
- Stack pickle rings.
- Next, put a ring (or two small rings) of a tomato, having previously shaken it off of excess juice.
- Place the lettuce and coat it with a layer of sauce.
- It remains to hoist the bun lid on the assembled structure.
- That’s it, your juicy burger is completely ready to eat, you can enjoy it with great pleasure.
Important! It is advisable to collect burgers when the buns are only slightly cold, and the cutlets are still hot, so prepare all the other ingredients in advance, that is, before frying the cutlets (preferably at the bun baking stage).
If you really want burgers, do not rush to get them to a restaurant, cafe or store. Free up time, get inspired and create a true culinary masterpiece with your own hands!