Top 10 most useful fish for the human body
Fish is a very useful product, but among its species there are the most valuable ones, which are more often than others to improve health.
What kind of fish can be considered healthy?
For a fish to have the right to be called useful, it must meet several requirements:
- Living in salt water: oceans, seas or lakes. Why is it important? Firstly, seawater contains a huge amount of useful elements that also enter the body of aquatic inhabitants. Secondly, salt is an effective natural antiseptic that destroys bacteria. That is, in sea fish, pathogenic microorganisms are much less often found (if they do not get into it during improper storage or transportation).
- Sufficient fat content. Yes, low-calorie fish is good for diets, but fish oil contains substances for which the product is especially valued: vitamin D and omega polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Young age, medium size. In large carcasses of rather old fish, according to some experts, slags and toxins accumulate over many years of life, which makes the product less useful and sometimes harmful.
The most valuable fish species
We offer you the top 10 types of the most useful fish for humans:
- Tuna is a fish that surprises with its impressive size and pulp, reminiscent of meat in color and consistency. But not only the taste deserves respect: it contains up to 25% protein, B vitamins and omega-6 and 3 fatty acids. And this makes the product useful for muscles and immunity, the brain, and the cardiovascular system. And selenium, which is also contained here, is essential for the male reproductive system and liver.
- Trout. The fish is not only tasty and healthy, but also dietary, because one hundred grams contains only about 120 kilocalories. And there is also a large set of useful substances: polyunsaturated fatty acids, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, selenium, sodium, vitamins PP, A, C and group B. Such a rich composition makes the product useful for memory and attention, blood vessels, nervous system and metabolism.
- Mackerel. This fish is available and often consumed by many. But not everyone knows how useful it is. The product is quite fatty and high-calorie (about 190 kcal per hundred grams), but this is a plus, since it guarantees nutritional value and a high content of omega-3, 9 and 6 acids. And there is also everything that is useful for the human body: minerals, macro- and microelements, vitamins.
- Sardine. The fish is small, but healthy. It is an excellent source of protein, which is quickly and completely assimilated by the human body. And, as you know, healthy new cells of almost all tissues (not only muscle, as many believe), as well as the immune system are formed from protein. There are many vitamins: D, groups B, A. The composition also contains fatty acids that strengthen the vascular walls and minimize the risks of blood clots and the development of atherosclerosis.
- Cod. This type is a dietary one, and this is not surprising: there are no more than 80-90 calories per hundred grams. But not only for the figure, such a fish is useful: there is absolutely no cholesterol deposited on the walls of blood vessels in the form of plaques, and the protein content reaches 19%. The product also contains other equally valuable components, they are found in all parts of the cod, even in the liver and caviar. It is necessary to use the product to improve the functioning of the nervous system, normalize metabolism and strengthen immunity.
- Salmon, especially Atlantic salmon. This fish belongs to dietary products and is famous for its rich composition, which includes half the daily intake of vitamins B12, B3 and B6, magnesium and selenium, as well as omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, phosphorus and potassium. All these valuable components help protect vessels from excessive stretching and cholesterol plaques, strengthen the heart muscle of the myocardium, maintain the volume of gray matter, stabilize metabolic processes and the functioning of the nervous system, strengthen muscle tissue, and maintain youth and health.
- Halibut. If such fish is grown in a clean reservoir without the use of antibiotics, then it becomes incredibly useful because of its many properties. For example, the amino acids contained here trigger the synthesis of the sleep hormone melatonin and the joy hormone serotonin in the human body. So, by consuming halibut regularly, you can forget about bad mood and insomnia. It is also beneficial for the brain and even reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease in older people.
- Anchovy. In our area, such a small fish is not very popular, but it is valuable. With a low calorie content, the product contains an amount of protein comparable to meat, and therefore the species is useful for athletes and simply active people. But there are many other usefulness here, for example, phosphorus, sodium, zinc, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamins C, groups B, K, E and A, as well as fatty acids. Anchovies are good for blood vessels and heart, metabolism, brain, nervous system, muscles.
- Herring especially caught in the Atlantic. This fish is quite fatty, for which it is highly valued, because fat is pure polyunsaturated acids, which, as you already know, are needed by blood vessels, brain and heart. But herring also contains zinc, iodine, sodium, fluorine, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins PP, D, groups B and A. With regular use, the risks of diabetes mellitus, dementia, atherosclerosis, heart attack are significantly reduced.
- The char is not the most famous member of the salmon family, but it is undeservedly unpopular. As part of omega-3, magnesium, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium and vitamins E, PP, K, A and group B. And thanks to such components, eating this fish, you protect yourself from many dangerous cardiovascular diseases. vascular system and brain.
These were the healthiest fish to eat for anyone looking to stay young and healthy!