Compotes are healthy and tasty, especially if you cook them yourself from local fruits. If you have apricots, try making a flavorful drink with them.
Which apricots are right for you?
To make the compote really tasty, choose the right apricots. Firstly, they must be ripe: unripe ones will give the finished drink an unpleasant bitterness, and overripe and soft ones will make it cloudy and unattractive. Secondly, use only high-quality fruits without traces of rotting, insect damage and spoilage.
Important! The compote should be boiled as soon as possible after harvesting the apricots, as they are not stored for a long time and quickly deteriorate.
How to cook compote?
How to cook a truly tasty, aromatic and healthy apricot compote for the winter? There are many ways, and several are described below.
Here’s what you need:
- three liters of water;
- 20-25 pieces of ripe medium-sized apricots;
- seven tablespoons of granulated sugar;
- one lemon.
- The apricots should be washed thoroughly, halved and the seeds removed. But if you want to leave the fruits intact, then do not touch them.
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- After boiling, immerse the apricots in water.
- Wait for the mixture to begin to boil again. If this happens, add sugar to the saucepan and reduce the heat to minimum.
- After five minutes of boiling, under the lid, add the lemon zest to the compote and cook the drink for about ten minutes more.
- Let the drink stand and cool, and then drink it warm or chilled.
This method is suitable for rolling compote for the winter. The list of components is as follows:
- a kilogram of ripe apricots;
- 600-700 grams of granulated sugar;
- 2.5 liters of water (it is undesirable to use tap water, it can spoil the taste);
- five teaspoons of rum or brandy to taste.
- You can preliminarily rid the fruit of seeds and peels. To do this, first immerse them in boiling water for a minute, and then put them in cold water: after such manipulations, the skins are easily removed. Next, remove the seeds while dividing the apricots into halves.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add sugar to it and dissolve completely.
- Put your apricots in boiling syrup, cook them for about 10-15 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids, pour the compote just removed from the stove over them, add rum as desired and roll up.
This compote is delicious and aromatic, has a piquant taste. The set of products is as follows:
- half a kilo of well-ripened apricots;
- five full tablespoons of natural honey;
- five leaves of fresh mint;
- a quarter of a lemon;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- a pinch of cinnamon.
The drink is prepared in this way:
- First, wash the apricots, pour over with boiling water, peel and free from the seeds. Then grind them in any way to maximize the release of juice.
- Pour the resulting apricot puree with water, put the container with the mixture on fire and boil for literally five minutes over medium heat.
- Strain the drink after cooling through cheesecloth or other cloth, add squeezed lemon juice, cinnamon and pre-washed mint leaves.
- Mix everything well and send it to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Serve chilled as it refreshes in the summer heat!
Delicious and bright will make a compote of apricots and oranges. And you will need this for cooking:
- litere of water;
- one juicy large orange;
- 300 grams of juicy apricots;
- 150-170 grams of sugar.
- Pour boiling water over the orange, peel it off, and then cut the citrus into half rings or cubes.
- Apricots should also be peeled and pitted, also immersed in boiling water, peeled off, and then dividing in half and taking out all that is superfluous.
- Now put the chopped apricots with orange into a thick-bottomed saucepan, cover them with sugar and leave for an hour.
- Then put the saucepan on the stove and cook the mixture for about fifteen minutes, so that it thickens a little.
- Add hot water, bring everything together again to a boil, distribute in sterilized jars and roll up with a key.
And this is a multicomponent compote. The ingredients are as follows:
- 10 plums;
- 10 apricots;
- 1 large red apple;
- three liters of water;
- sugar to your taste (the amount depends on the sweetness of the fruit);
- fresh mint.
- Peel plums with apricots after immersion in boiling water for a minute. Divide the fruits into halves, take out the seeds. Peel the apple with a knife, cut out the cores, cut into slices.
- Place all fruits in a saucepan, add water and boil.
- After boiling, add sugar, then cook the compote for about 20 minutes.
- It remains to pour the drink into the cans and roll them up.
Be sure to try making a delicious apricot compote according to one of the suggested recipes!