What delicious salads can you prepare for the New Year 2019?
Salads must be present on the New Year’s table, and everyone loves them! What dishes should be prepared by 2019? Let’s find out!
What should be New Year’s salads?
When choosing and preparing salads, one should take into account the symbolism of the year. In 2019, the patron will be the Yellow Earth Pig, which means that pork is banned from the list of ingredients. But other types of meat are allowed, although it is still better to use poultry and fish.
The pig loves abundance and beauty, so the salads should be multicomponent, but at the same time light, so that after the meal guests can get up from the table and have fun without heaviness in the stomach. And since the patron saint of the year is yellow, then include in the composition of the components products of this range, for example, carrots, potatoes, eggs, cheese. The Pig also loves vegetables, fruits and mushrooms, and these components are also relevant.
Advice! For New Year 2019, salads can be made in the shape of a pig or decorated with bright berries, citrus fruits, sprigs of fresh herbs.
What salads to cook for the New Year 2019, so as not to spend a lot of time and effort, but at the same time to please and surprise household members and guests? We offer several interesting options.
“Red Riding Hood”
This salad is delicious, and the list of products is as follows:
- 400 grams of smoked chicken breast (or baked with seasonings in foil);
- 4 potatoes;
- three large carrots;
- five chicken eggs;
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- a glass of peeled walnuts;
- 100 ml mayonnaise;
- pomegranate seeds for the final decoration;
- salt to taste.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, peel and cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Wash the carrots very well and also cut into cubes.
- Hard-boiled eggs, cool, peel and also cut into cubes.
- Grind smoked or baked chicken breast like the rest of the ingredients.
- Grate hard cheese on a coarse grater.
- Walnuts must be chopped in any way, for example, chopped with a knife. They shouldn’t be too small.
- Now start shaping the salad. To do this, you need a special molding ring for salads or a split baking dish.
- Put potatoes on the bottom of the container, salt and coat with mayonnaise.
- Then put the chicken, also smear with mayonnaise.
- The next layer is walnuts.
- Then add the grated cheese and coat with mayonnaise.
- It’s the turn of the carrots, which need to be slightly salted.
- It remains to lay the eggs and grease them with mayonnaise.
- Finally, the finishing touch is the pomegranate seeds at the top, which make the salad look like a red riding hood.
Listing easy recipes, this one can be noted. For cooking you need:
- 300 grams of fresh champignons, frozen or any canned mushrooms;
- three potatoes;
- 4 eggs;
- large head of onions;
- 150 grams of any hard cheese;
- sunflower or other vegetable oil for frying;
- for dressing mayonnaise.
- Tackle the mushrooms first: if using frozen ones, defrost them first and then cut them up. Also at this stage, the onion is being prepared: it should be peeled and chopped. Heat oil in a skillet, put onion and mushrooms in it, fry until cooked. To remove excess oil, you can put the finished ingredients on a thick paper towel.
- Boil potatoes and eggs (the latter are hard-boiled). Peel potatoes, grate. Divide the eggs into yolks and whites, rub them separately. Grate and cheese immediately.
- Now all that remains is to shape your salad. Fried onions with mushrooms are laid out in the first layer, then there are potatoes, followed by egg whites, then yolks, and then cheese. All layers, except for the onion-mushroom, must be coated with mayonnaise. Do not forget to salt the salad.
Advice! Use fresh herbs or whole mushrooms for decoration.
Traditional New Year’s salads should be exquisite, and “Princess” fully meets this requirement. For cooking you need:
- a can of salmon or other red fish, such as salmon or pink salmon, canned in its own juice;
- a jar of canned corn;
- 5-6 chicken eggs;
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- a fairly large onion head;
- 2 sweet and sour green apples;
- a tablespoon of lemon juice;
- ground pepper with salt.
Cooking a salad is easy:
- Drain all the liquid from the can with canned salmon, and knead the fish itself with a fork or knife.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Boil the eggs hard-boiled, divide them into whites and yolks, rub the ingredients separately.
- Also grate the cheese on a coarse grater.
- Free the apples from the skins and cores, and then rub like other components.
- Form a salad: put chopped fish on the bottom of a salad bowl, coat with mayonnaise, put onions, then yolks (they are also smeared with mayonnaise), then apples, cheese, again mayonnaise and canned corn. Salt and pepper all layers, except for salmon (it is probably already salty).
- For beauty, you can decorate the salad with red caviar or slices of slightly salted red fish.
This salad will also take its rightful place on the New Year’s table, and for its preparation you need:
- 400 grams of canned fish (for example, sardines, saury or pink salmon) or boiled fillets;
- one large beet;
- three potatoes;
- two carrots of a fairly large size;
- three pickled or pickled cucumbers;
- two eggs;
The recipe is as follows:
- The boiled fish must be separated from the bones (if they are present in the fillet) and finely chopped. Just knead the canned with a fork.
- Boil the beets, peel and rub. Do the same with carrots and potatoes. Pickled cucumbers are cut into cubes. Cook eggs hard-boiled, also chop. Chop greens finely.
- Now in a bowl, mix all the ingredients, seasoning with mayonnaise. But save some carrots and beets for decoration. Lay the mixture on a flat dish, form a hemisphere, divide it with strips of mayonnaise into three parts and decorate each with: beets, carrots and herbs. It turns out original and bright!
If you need to make a salad quickly, use this option. You will need:
- 300 grams of shrimp;
- 100 g of rice;
- 150 g canned corn;
- onion head optional;
The preparation is simple:
- Boil the shrimp and peel.
- After rinsing, cook the rice.
- Boil and dice the eggs.
- Chop the onion.
- Combine ingredients, add mayonnaise and salt, stir salad.
Now your New Year’s table will be varied and sophisticated.