Principles and Basics of Kim Protasov’s Diet
There are many different diets, so modern women are very lucky: everyone can choose the option to their liking in order to achieve the desired results and avoid rigid restrictions. And what are the features of Kim Protasov’s diet? Let’s find it out!
How did the diet come about?
The birthplace of the diet is Israel: it was in this country in the late 90s of the last century that an interesting article appeared in one of the newspapers for the Russian-speaking population, the author of which was the mysterious Kim Protasov. He proposed very unusual principles of nutrition, and the Russian population liked this scheme so much that information began to rapidly spread throughout the territory of the former USSR.
Although many years have passed since the inception of the Kim Protasov diet, it continues to remain popular: millions of women have already tried the basic principles on themselves and evaluated the results. There are also many online communities and forums dedicated to this diet.
The main features of the diet
Kim Protasov’s diet is a special nutritional scheme that has some principles:
- The duration of the diet is five weeks.
- A gradual and competent exit from the diet, which can take about two to five weeks.
- It is not recommended to follow a diet more than one or two times a year: it is not intended for constant nutrition, as it involves some restrictions and changes in the diet.
- The menu contains foods containing protein and fiber. First of all, these are vegetables, dairy products, apples and eggs. In the last stages, poultry, meat, fish are also allowed.
- Reducing the amount of simple carbohydrates and fats consumed.
- The amount of food eaten is not limited.
- Compliance with the drinking regime.
In the first and second weeks, the menu should include the following products:
- fermented milk products with a fat content of about 5%: cheese, yoghurts, cottage cheese;
- raw vegetables, preferably low in starch, such as cucumbers and tomatoes, spinach, bell peppers, cabbage;
- one boiled egg a day;
- three green apples a day (preferably used as an addition to a main course or snack);
- coffee, tea without added sugar;
- two liters of water.
In the third, fourth and fifth weeks, the diet is preserved, but expands: it is allowed to include about three hundred grams of fish, poultry or lean meat in it. The use of fermented milk products is decreasing.
The result will depend on the initial weight, the amount of food consumed and the individual characteristics of the body. On average, losses range from 5-7 to 15-20 kilograms for the entire period.
The right way out of the diet
To maintain weight and consolidate the results, you should gradually and correctly exit the diet. Ideally, the process should be extended over three or five weeks:
- In the first week, some of the fermented milk products should be replaced with fat-free ones (up to 1% fat). This replacement is compensated by the preparation of vegetable salads with the addition of natural oil – no more than three small spoons a day. The total amount of fat consumed should not exceed 35 grams per day.
- In the second week, two apples are replaced with any other, but unsweetened fruit.
- During the third week, the menu for every day is supplemented with porridge, which must be prepared from two tablespoons of cereal. Together with it, you can eat a little low-fat cottage cheese or vegetable salad. You can also add a small amount of dried fruit.
- In the fourth week, some of the fermented milk products are replaced by lean fish, poultry, and meat. Boiled vegetables are allowed.
- The fifth week is the final one and involves the introduction of broths into the menu, as well as familiar, but low-fat dishes. You can use dietary recipes for vegetable stews, baked vegetables, meat and fish, salads.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of the Kim Protasov diet:
- Unlimited amount of consumed products. This, firstly, allows you not to feel hunger, and secondly, it eliminates the likelihood of breakdowns. Such a diet is more gentle than some others that require strict restrictions.
- The diet involves a very balanced diet: the diet contains calcium-containing fermented milk and fairly fatty foods and protein nourishing muscles, as well as vegetables rich in vitamins.
- Normalization of metabolism. Due to a decrease in the amount of consumed “fast” carbohydrates and fats, the body is rebuilt and begins to actively, but rationally spend energy, which ensures the smooth operation of all organs. Sharp jumps in sugar level are excluded, metabolism is accelerated.
- Appetite returns to normal, which allows you to avoid overeating and reduce the number of servings. Moreover, this effect persists after the diet.
- Changing your diet allows you to get rid of the desire to eat sweet, starchy foods, fatty foods, convenience foods and fast food.
- Fiber-rich vegetables improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, stimulate the peristalsis of the intestinal walls and cleanse the body of toxins and toxins.
- Such a diet is useful for losing weight, as it involves the use of low-calorie and low-fat foods, but at the same time ensures the supply of all the necessary substances and eliminates severe restrictions.
- A diet can be called economical if it is followed during the vegetable season.
- The diet is not for everyone. So, if you are not very fond of fermented milk products or vegetables, then it will be difficult for you to adhere to the principles.
- There are contraindications, and these include certain diseases of the digestive system (gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, worsening ulcers), lactose intolerance, milk or vegetable allergies, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- The downside is the lack of hot and liquid dishes, the need for which many feel in the cold season.
- Dieting in the spring or winter can be overwhelming as it involves eating large amounts of vegetables.
- If you do not limit the amount of food consumed, you can get used to large quantities and stretch the walls of the stomach.
Finally, a few recommendations:
- It is better to eat often, but in small portions.
- Try to limit the amount of food you eat.
- Focus on seasonal vegetables: they are healthier and more nutritious.
- You should not go on such a diet if you do not like the foods included in the diet, otherwise you will experience severe discomfort.
- If you notice any deterioration in your well-being or health condition, stop the diet.
- A doctor’s consultation is desirable.
- The average daily calorie intake is approximately 1,500 kcal.
- Choose natural products with no additives. And you do not need to consume exclusively low-fat, since fats are necessary for the body and help other nutrients to be absorbed.
Kim Protasov’s diet is an effective weight loss method. Learn its principles and follow important rules to achieve great results.